21.1.15

Winter Skincare

I’ve never been huge on skincare but now that I’ve turned 22 I’ve decided that you can never be too soon in beginning to care for your skin and preventing wrinkles, particularly during the winter months.

I’ve been using a Nivea moisturiser for a while now and it really makes a difference to dryness, I tend to have fairly oily skin with a few dry patches and this solves everything without making my face extra shiny. I’ve combined this with a Vitamin E oil from Superdrug which I put over particularly dry areas which really does work miracles and brighten the skin. This year I've also decided to banish the face wipes in favour of this Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water which was everywhere last year. It's really light on the skin and you don't need to scrub at your skin to get rid of stubborn eyeliner. 

I’m also thinking of investing in a good eye cream or serum to add to my skincare routine- so if you have any suggestions please let me know!


Hand cream is also a big one and I’ve been trying to make a habit of putting it on, especially during the winter. This Palmer's cocoa butter hand and foot cream is great for elbows and knees too. It’s really thick and so is long lasting on the skin and relieves any dryness.



I also suffer from chapped lips in the cold and love to wear lipstick so this can be a real problem. I got given this Santa lip scrub from Lush for Christmas and aside from tasting amazing it helps buff away chapped skin. I also got this Queen Bee honey flavoured Vaseline which smells great and I LOVE the gold stripey tin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment