15.9.14

Picture Wall Mural

A fair few summers ago I got completely inspired by photos of mismatched picture frame walls that seemed to crop up on Pinterest and Tumblr every now and again. I’ve always loved sketching and decided to start a project to make a frame wall of my own filled with sketches. Here are some images from Pinterest that show the photo wall in action, a great place to display the photo wall is on a staircase and another twist is to hang the frames old fashioned-ly by tying some ribbon or string to the top of them to visibly show them hanging: 





I began my quest for the perfect photo wall by going to various charity shops every now and again to find interestingly shaped wooden frames of all sizes which I then decided to sand down and paint black. If you want to do a similar project, be on the look out for interesting shapes, frame textures and frame thicknesses to give your photo wall a mismatched feel to it. Here are the frames I’ve collected so far:





I sketched a butterfly for this tiny square frame and Andy Warhol and Edie Campbell in this rectangular frame. If you don’t fancy your hand at sketching then black and white prints and photographs will equally do the job. You could have one large print as a centre piece and work around that if you are lucky to have a particularly large space to fill. I got this huge framed print for just £1 from a car boot sale!



I'm hoping to find some frames to home these half-finished sketches and some ornate oval mirrors would finish off this wall mural perfectly... I'll be sure to show you the finished result (eventually!)




No comments:

Post a Comment