1.2.15

Little Blue Dress- Chung Style

I like to think that having a few 'Little Dresses' that never fail to make you feel a million bucks will set you up for most occasions that life will throw at you....Little Black Dresses are perfect for any occasion, particularly for a special evening.... A Little White Dress for elegant summer days...And finally I have found a new addition to my reliable collection, The Little Blue Dress. After seeing the Alexa Chung for AG Jeans collection I absolutely loved the blue denim dresses that are featured. However, for my tight purse strings an ACxAG dress was always set to remain a dream. 






(Images from www.net-a-porter.com)

I then found this blue chambray oversized dress for £6 in a charity shop. I always think of chambray as a lighter alternative to denim, it's a lighter material and better suited to the Spring (yes, I'm already counting down the days 'til Spring!) I altered this dress to suit my shape a little more as when I originally bought it was near ankle length and very oversized which I personally find to be a bit swamping. I did the alterations by taking it in a few inches at the sides on the sewing machine and then hemming it to a mini length. I think this item mirrors 'The Julie' by Chung with the sweet pintucked detailing to the front and back which adds a bit more interest to a simple button down. 




(Sorry for the poor quality images here, dark rainy days and no laptop at the moment! The iPhone has had to suffice here) 


No comments:

Post a Comment